1.”EHUK” means Exeter Homestay UK Limited (company no: 11119201) and
whose registered office is situated 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU
2. The headings in these conditions are intended for reference only and shall not affect their construction.
Booking & Payment
- Payment Terms
- An initial non-refundable but transferable deposit of 20% (groups only) of the fees for the expected number of students allocated in the contract is required.
- Individual Bookings a deposit for the booking fee is required on initial booking (non-refundable) and payment required within 14 days of arrival date.
- A further Invoice/booking will be issued based on projected final numbers, 4 weeks before the arrival of each individual/group. This invoice will include extra leader fees (if applicable) and any other service/s booked by the individual/group. This invoice will be emailed or posted. Full payment may be made immediately but must be made at least 7/14 days prior to arrival of the students.
d) No individual or group will be accepted on any course/stay under any circumstances until FULL payment has beenmade.
e) Bookings made within 4 weeks prior to arrival: 100% non-refundable payment required (non-refundable and on accommodation/classrooms/activities pre-booked) If payments are delayed with more than 14 days, EHUK has the right to release the booking and keep the deposits already paid.
a) Payment to be made bank transfers. The charges quoted may be subject to alteration if any special requirements are added/changed/requested. We require a scanned/emailed copy of the transfer, stamped when paid.
- If you cancel all or part of your accommodation/booking, upon acknowledgement of written confirmation from an authorised person the following cancellation fee will apply to the final invoice:
- More than 6 months’ notice – loss of deposit only (transferable)
- Between 28 days and 7 days prior to arrival, a cancellation charge of 50% of the course/stay will be made.
- Less than 7 days and up to 3 days prior to arrival for the start of course/stay, a cancellation charge of 75% will becharged
- Less than 3 days before the start of the course/stay, a cancellation charge of 100% will be charged
EHUK has the right to alter or cancel any booking that it cannot keep for reasons beyond its control. If this happens, EHUK will use all reasonable efforts to offer you an alternative booking but is not liable for any losses or damages arising directly or indirectly from such circumstances.
This contract shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under this contract shall be deemed by a waiver of that right. The provisions of these terms and conditions are severable and distinct from one another, and, if at any time any provision is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the provisions shall not be in any way be affected or impaired.
4.Names, special needs, diets, allergies, course details
EHUK will expect to have:
Full names/gender/age of participants, these must be sent to us in writing no less than 14/7 days or at time of booking prior to arrival. It is the Organiser/Agent’s responsibility to inform us about any special needs or dietary requests & any medical conditions known at the time of booking. All Vegan and Gluten Free diets as requested will carry an additional £5 per night charge. Special needs is £10 per night additional fee dependant on what or whom is required.
5.Changes in the booking
a) Any group related: extension or cancellation should be initiated in writing by the group organiser/agent.
b) If a member of the group wishes to extend their own stay and pay for it individually, the extra nights should be deposited/paid by the participant to EHUK. We can only extend this way if the leader/Agent/Guardian has already sent us the names/dates and requirements!
c) Any double bookings caused by miscommunication between the group leader and members/agents will have to pay the full amount for the number of nights booked/confirmed.
6.Arrival and Departure, parking:
- Host families cannot normally pick up on arrival for groups/students until after 6pm. If your arrival is after 10.30 pm you must ensure the students can be bought to the Host family as this is unsettling to the family with young children.
- Please try to allow enough time in your programme/course/trip on departure day for all to pack luggage and vacate.
- If you arrive by coach we will do our best to find a coach park which is available free of charge. If this is not available at the time of arrival for any reason, a charge will be payable for the coach to be parked overnight during your/their stay.
7.Security and damage:
- Any valuables which groups/students have brought with them into the host families where they are staying, such as cash, computers, personal belongings are the responsibility of the student/leader/group and are not covered by our/host family’s insurance.
- Any loss of or damage to EHUK/Host family’s property caused by the Student/individuals/agents will be charged ifnecessary. An incident report will be written at the time of any damaged unnecessary caused.
8.Insurance, risk assessments & welfare:
- You are responsible for ensuring that your organisation has effective arrangements in place, including insurance and risk assessments, for any activities/trips that you may be conducting during your visit to EHUK and must be available for inspection. Our risk assessment will be issued at the start of the programme for the Group leader to sign.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that your organization/agent has effective arrangements in place including risk assessments, to ensure the safeguarding of any children, young people or vulnerable adults within your group during you stay at Exeter or whilst visiting Exeter.
- It should be noted that EHUK does NOT have public liability insurance against claims of personal liability or damage caused through negligence during a hiring event. Most companies will ensure you sign a disclaimer when we do an active activity. We also require that you obtain such insurance before using any of these premises or before you travel.
- The same conditions apply as in Clause 8c) Same for death or personal injury resulting from its or its employees’ or agents’ negligence or wilful default, Exeter Homestay UK accept no liability for any death or injury to any persons attending school/college/trips or stays or for any loss or damage to any property belonging to such persons. EHUK also accepts no responsibility for injury to people attending the Stay/Course/Home nor for any items brought into the premises/homes not declared to us.
- Furthermore, Organisations/Agents/Individuals are responsible for conducting their own Risk Assessments before using any premises since hirers are responsible for any accident or injury arising out of the activity for which they have booked the premises/organisers. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the premises are safe for the purposes for which they intend to use them.
- The agency/organisation is responsible to obtain a signature from the parent or guardian of each junior student authorising their attendance on any stay/course. EHUK received all bookings from the agency in good faith. By signing up for the course/stay the parents/guardians are automatically granting permission for the student to attend all activities organised by the school. As stated in the programme.
- Due to increased number of medical conditions, allergies & intolerances which we are having to accommodate EHUK will do their best to place students in the most appropriate accommodation, but neither they nor their family are responsible for anything which arises whilst students are in the UK. They are here at their own risk. All travellers must have medical insurance individually or as a group when travelling and for any time during their stay with Exeter Homestay UK, documentation will be needed in advance or a copy on arrival or given to the local Agent whom has booked with us.
- The agency will obtain signatures from parents/guardians to allow the school to act ‘in loco’ parents when having to administer prescribed medication or when dealing with a medical emergency.
- EHUK takes no responsibility for medical emergencies arising from non-disclosure of current medical information.
- Family Changes: will only be considered if an unnecessary or unforeseen circumstance arrives unexpectedly or for a very valid and appropriate reason.
- Within the Host: All students must respect all other family members during their stay i.e. noise levels, time of showers, meal times and they must abide with the family’s rules.
- All guidelines are given to our families on recruiting & Safeguarding documents are shown/read and signed for by the family on recruiting (understanding the safeguarding – keeping our students safe).
11. Group Prices:
- All Prices/quotations will be agreed and confirmed by EHUK and Agent/School/Individual at the time of booking, any extra requirements after the agreed booking will be chargeable when it occurs or known.
- Groups for any language/summer course booked with EHUK must be 14 + 1 Group Leader which is the (Minimum) due to the classroom/staff capacity, unless otherwise agreed. Although we can and are able to accommodate a lower number/group, this will occur a surcharge on or at the time of booking as and when discussed.
c) DBS: EHUK will endeavour to supply all families that have a DBS certificate for our group/student/Individual stays and most of our families we have worked with for several years and are fully conversant with the way EHUK work and expectations. On a student 18+ this is not required where we are under no legal obligation if the stay is under 28 days.
12. Database/contact Information of Families:
- All families given to you as an Organiser/Agent/School are the property of EHUK, under no circumstance can the families/agents/School contacts be contacted without our prior agreement.
- Terms of Business: Any Agent/Organisation/Work/Teacher/colleague or family member after working/partnering with EHUK will not be able to set up/work beside/offer the same service from the Agents/Organisation EHUK have worked/dealt with at any time within a 10 mile radius after working with EHUK for a similar business activity, if this occurs EHUK are entitled to Invoice the agent/organisation/Worker/Teacher/colleague or family member to take legal action for the financial loss whichoccurs.
Revision 14 Oct 2018