If you’re looking for a more permanent homestay in England for your child, then it’s really important that you consider private fostering. Private fostering is used to describe a situation where a child under 16 is cared for by an adult who isn’t a relative for 28 days or more. This is a private arrangement usually made between the birth parent and the carer.
Devon’s Children’s services
Apply to Exeter Homestay UK as a host and fill in the PF1 form application. We'll then arrange a more in depth visit where we can go through all the necessary paperwork.
We then inform the Private Fostering Team at Devon County Council's children services before the child comes to the UK, where a visit will be made to verify all details supplied to them. We'll liaise with all parties to ensure the child is well-matched, safe, and comfortably cared for in the arrangement.
- To make sure our carers are trustworthy, everyone in the household aged 16 and over has a valid DBS
Fully Enhanced certificate.
- We support both parents and carers to ensure that the child's physical, emotional, educational, and
cultural needs are met
- We'll help parents and carers consider finance, consents, and contact needs.
- We'll contact the child and carers regularly, providing advice and support where needed.
- We'll be a listening ear for the child, parents, and carers for any concerns or difficulties that
Exeter Homestay UK are experienced in processing all the documents required for the procedure, and our staff offer informed guidelines to the student, parents, agents, school/college and homestay family.
Devon’s Children Services
PARENT or THIRD PARTY NOTIFICATION
The form PF2 is for the parent/carer for the child whom they wish to..........................................